Monday, August 31, 2009

There's no place like home....

Well, as you can tell, I have not updated our family blog in a while. So much going on, so little time to sit and type about all of it. We have had a nonproductive, but fun and lazy, summer with the kids. I am itching to get back into a routine (as if I ever had one to get back to). Jake is growing up so fast... "how can I stop this?" I ask myself. Unfortunately I already know the answer and it makes me happy and sad that both my babies are growing too fast right before my eyes. He will be 2 in November and I can't believe my little princess is already almost 6 months old. Where does the time go?

Jake's birthday





Jakob-21 months
current

Lauren's birthday






Lauren -5 months


I am excited to see my kids grow into their own, with their own little personalities. Jakob is my laid back kid...in every sense of the term. He only does things in his time. You can't rush him through anything. He took his time getting here and that is just the way it is. He is full of mischief, but always makes us laugh. He loves to dance, but it is to his own rhythm. He loves to play with his weebles, legos and he loves to "read". A book for this boy is the best thing anyone could give him. His comfy is his paci. Jake is busy, busy and I miss holding him like he used to let me. His fave is giving kisses to anyone that will accept. He is my lovey boy.
Lauren, on the other hand, is determined and strong. She knows what she wants and will not be happy until it is the way she wants it. She smiles so easy and has a smile that will melt your heart. She loves to play and bounce in her exersaucer, and snuggle with her bankie. She is an easy sleeper. Sometimes she even acts shy when you try to make her smile she will hide her face. She is my sweetie girl.
Mike is still with SWN. They sent him on a trip to San Diego this summer for some training. He really enjoys what he does. He is such a great provider and financial caretaker for our family. He loves coming home to see Jake's little face light up when he sees that his dada is home.

Jake will be starting MDO tomorrow, actually. I am so happy he is able to go and be with his friends at church. I will be able to get some things done that I am not able to with 2 kiddos around. I am hosting a table for MOMS (Mothers Of Many Stages) at our church and am so excited to meet some other moms. I love this time of year...weather getting cooler (yes, here in Texas...90 degrees is cooler), the smells of fall, good holiday food and fun. God is so good!

I am so in love with my family.














1 comment:

  1. You have a very cute family! I know what you mean....they grow so fast. I'm so glad you are in love with your family. They are worth being in love with!! I love this time as a young family. Before we all know it, it will be over :) Keep relishing the time.

    ReplyDelete