Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

So I decided, instead of stressing over the gifts I need to buy for family and friends, I would make them! OK so where to go from here? Caution, if there is family reading this, you are about to read about your gift. So, if you want to spoil the surprise for yourself, go for it! But I am so excited to accomplish this, I had to write about it! I always try to find excuses why I do not follow through with things....no time, no money, no motivation....and so on! So I was on an internet searching mission to find the perfect homemade gift! and this is what I found....

Cookies In A Jar!


PERFECT!!!
I provide you with all the dry ingredients..all you gotta do is add egg, vanilla, and butter, mix and bake! It's GENIUS! lol
The CIAJ were so easy and fun to do, I am thinking about making and selling them. Who doesn't like HOMEMADE chocolate chip cookies!?!?
So now you know my big secret...except it is not a secret anymore! I am so happy the way these turned out! Can't wait to bake my own batch!
Christmases in the past have been very stressful for me and I have totally, well not totally, lost the Christmas spirit! I have to thank my hubby and kids for reminding me of the true meaning of Christmas...it's not about all the little things we worry about, it is about giving, and love, and family. It is about the birth of our Saviour, about the love God had for us, enough to send His Son to live on Earth and die for us, so we may have eternal life! I will be the first to admit, I am guilty of getting too wrapped up in all the wrapping, in the gifts, in the menu, in the money, in the looking like a perfect family. This year I refuse to get stressed! I want this season to last, to be able to remember our traditions, the memories, the look on my kids' faces when they get something new, to show my kids' what giving is about!
Ok, I'm back from chasing Santas! lol
So I hope my family enjoys their homemade, with love, gifts!
It is beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment