I cannot believe my little baby girl is almost 9 months! There have been so many changes and she is growing so fast. Once she started sitting on her own, then she was army crawling and pulling up in no time! She can make it around the house faster than I can keep up with. 
I am having so much fun having a girl and all the girly accessories!
Lauren has such a funny personality, but also gets her little feelings hurt so easy..like her mama used to! Every time I say uh-huh, or no to her she gives me pouty lip and goes straight into an all-out poor-me cry...until of course she is able to do what she wanted to do in the first place! We were in the car today and she was drinking a bottle in her carseat...she was obviously not finished with it, but Jake decided to take it away from her anyway. You would have thought someone was pinching her...she started screaming. It scared Jake so much, he returned the bottle, and all was good! lol
Lauren is so strong-willed, just like Jake, and according to Nana and Grandad, just like I was! She is fearless when she is in her walker and thinks she can run over anything...including everyone's feet! We all try to push her back a little so we can get our own feet out of the way, and it makes her mad we are moving her. She used to love it when Jake would push her around in the walker, but as soon as she learned to do it for herself, she doesn't like anyone to touch her "car". She is the driver now!
Jake is taking this big brother business serious! He takes such good care of Lauren. He loves to kiss and hug on her all the time!Jake has a laugh that will melt your heart..at least it does mine! He lives to play and loves to laugh! He also has a strong will. Jake knows what he wants and does not like to be told "no"...but what 2 year old does?? His terrible two's are not so terrible YET...he has "fits" but they are not even as bad as they used to be....oh, but there is still time. He is only 1 month into being 2! It's unbelievable that it has been over 2 years since I found out I was pregnant with Jake...I
remember every detail like it was yesterday! There are times when I can just sit and stare at him. He amazes me all the time. The way he takes things in, analyzes things...that would be what he got from Mike. However, Jake does have a mischevious side...he IS a boy! When he is about to be in trouble, I will tell him, "if you do that again, you will be in time out." Well, he will put himself in time out and go sit on the couch until he feels it is time for him to get up! lolHe has a funny walk he does, especially when he is wearing his penguin slippers. Every time Jake hears music he stops what he is doing and dances...of course, he looks around to see if anyone is watching!

Jake is still going to Mother's Day Out...and he loves it so much. At the start of the MDO, I had such a hard time with him not wanting to go in the classroom. I could hear him crying while I was walking away...talk about ripping my heart out! But, I knew he would stop and it was so good for him to be there, doing crafts, playing, socializing, burning all that energy! Well, the past couple of weeks, he gets so excited to go..he will run up to the door without looking back at me. It makes me feel so good that he trusts that I am coming back, but on the other hand, I want him to miss me! I know, sounds backwards! I am so proud of him in every way!
I am so blessed and privileged to be able to stay at home with my kids! I don't thank Mike near enough for him making this happen for us!
My heart overflows with joy....as I watch my children grow!

No comments:
Post a Comment