
For anyone interested, and even if you aren't, here is the history of how our little family got started. You see, for the past 10 years I had been told I would not be able to have kids, that I would have to take medication in order to get pregnant. This was such a heartbreaking thing to come to terms with. That my desire to be a mom would never be fulfilled. I would never have someone call me mom, wipe a snotty nose, change a diaper, kiss a bo-bo, wipe their tears, tickle them. I put so much trust in the doctors who must have known what they were talking about, and not enough faith in God, who knew what the desires of my heart were. Mike and I never really talked about infertility treatment...just didn't seem like that was what we should do. Mike was my rock. NEVER let me say never. He had faith and patience when all of mine was gone. So it was a random day that I was at work getting ready to assist with a procedure, and I called me mom...just to tell her I was tired! I told her I could just lay down and go to sleep, that I must be sick. She reluctantly asked me if I was pregnant (as she had so many times before) and I snapped at her "NO". She knew what a sensitive subject this was with me...why would she ask this. Well, my own curiosity got the best of me and I took a pee pregnancy test (I worked for an infertility specialist so finding a pregnancy test lying around was not so hard...they would never miss it!). I took it to the station where we tested our patients and....!!!!!2 lines!!!!! what? how could this be...it must be a bad test strip! So , what did I do? What any skeptic would...took another. Could this one be bad too?
These are the two tests I took...yes, I still have them!
These are the two tests I took...yes, I still have them!I had the lab tech draw my blood to confirm that I was, or was not pregnant. In the meantime, I called my mom and told her I was pregnant. She knew it. I finally go the blood test back and it was off the charts...my HCG was 155,000! They had to dilute it so many times bc the machine would not go that high. That was THE best day of my life (not that finding out I was pregnant with Lauren wasn't...)because I knew at this moment my life would never be the same! My pregnancy was easy! No complications.
When we found out we were having a boy, we were ecstatic! Mike already had picked out names for a boy and a girl. I had nothing to do with their names, besides aggreeing to them. So we were having a "Jakob Owen". Delivery would be a different story when, after I was in labor for 12 hours, the doctor told me this baby is not coming on his own, and I needed a Csection...never what I wanted to hear, but knew I just wanted this baby here in my arms the quickest and safest way possible. He was born on Novemeber 17, 207 at 6:30pm. Weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.
Seeing Jake for the first time was a moment I will never forget. All I had been through and prayed for and waited on was right here in my arms. WOW! He started having breathing problems when he was just a few hours old, so they took him to NICU for evaluation. Well, evaluation turned into 5 days of Jake being stuck for IVs in both hands, both feet, and eventually his head.
He had a spinal tap done just shy of him being 24 hours old because they were trying to rule out meningitis. Signing a consent to okay the doctor doing that broke my heart because of all the risks, including paralyzation and death. He had been hooked to oxygen for 4 days because he could not keep up his own oxygen level, IV antibiotics and fluids because he was not drinking, and eventually a feeding tube to give him some nutrition. I had to go home without my baby...the first time we were apart in 9 months. Driving away from the hospital knowing my baby was still in there was the hardest thing I have ever done. I went back that night and spent the night with him in NICU. I sat in a chair beside his little bed and watched him all night long. He got released from NICU to come home on Thanksgiving night....talk about something to be thankful about! Jakob was, and still is, the sweetest, most loving little boy.
When we found out we were having a boy, we were ecstatic! Mike already had picked out names for a boy and a girl. I had nothing to do with their names, besides aggreeing to them. So we were having a "Jakob Owen". Delivery would be a different story when, after I was in labor for 12 hours, the doctor told me this baby is not coming on his own, and I needed a Csection...never what I wanted to hear, but knew I just wanted this baby here in my arms the quickest and safest way possible. He was born on Novemeber 17, 207 at 6:30pm. Weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.
Seeing Jake for the first time was a moment I will never forget. All I had been through and prayed for and waited on was right here in my arms. WOW! He started having breathing problems when he was just a few hours old, so they took him to NICU for evaluation. Well, evaluation turned into 5 days of Jake being stuck for IVs in both hands, both feet, and eventually his head.
He had a spinal tap done just shy of him being 24 hours old because they were trying to rule out meningitis. Signing a consent to okay the doctor doing that broke my heart because of all the risks, including paralyzation and death. He had been hooked to oxygen for 4 days because he could not keep up his own oxygen level, IV antibiotics and fluids because he was not drinking, and eventually a feeding tube to give him some nutrition. I had to go home without my baby...the first time we were apart in 9 months. Driving away from the hospital knowing my baby was still in there was the hardest thing I have ever done. I went back that night and spent the night with him in NICU. I sat in a chair beside his little bed and watched him all night long. He got released from NICU to come home on Thanksgiving night....talk about something to be thankful about! Jakob was, and still is, the sweetest, most loving little boy. 6 months after Jake was born, I had a feeling I may be pregnant again, but dismissed the idea because it took so long to get pregnant the first time. We were on our way to my mom's house (my grandparents were in for a visit) and I just mentioned this to Mike...that I had been tired, skipped a month, gaining weight (and I had just started weight watchers). Well, he wanted to know for sure (I think he was actually excited about the idea of it) so we stopped by the grocery store and he went in and bought 2 tests. We made it to my parent's house and I went and grabbed a plastic cup and headed to go take the test. After the LONG 3 minutes, I called Mike to the bathroom, and told him it was a "yes". He wanted to see the test himself so I gave it to him. I NEVER thought he would be this happy I was pregnant so soon. He had the biggest grin on his face, walked in to the living room and gave the test to my Grandmother...she looked at it and started smiling. Of course, my mom and dad were curious about what was going on...and she said "you're pregnant?!" I though my mom would fall out! My pregnancy with Lauren was a little different. I had severe back pain (sciatica) and nausea. We went in and found out we were pregnant with a girl and I just started crying. God was so good.
We finally had the family of four that we wanted. I worked up until a month before I was scheduled for my CSsection. That is when we decided I would stay home and take care of our kids. Lauren was born March 9, 2009 at 8:20am...she weighed 8 lbs 10 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She
was perfect. Our little family is complete! There is no way to describe the feeling of seeing a child you grew inside you for 9 months, felt them kick, watched my stomach
jump when they had hiccups, or roll from one side to the other. I am reminded daily that miracles do still happen.
We finally had the family of four that we wanted. I worked up until a month before I was scheduled for my CSsection. That is when we decided I would stay home and take care of our kids. Lauren was born March 9, 2009 at 8:20am...she weighed 8 lbs 10 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She
was perfect. Our little family is complete! There is no way to describe the feeling of seeing a child you grew inside you for 9 months, felt them kick, watched my stomach
jump when they had hiccups, or roll from one side to the other. I am reminded daily that miracles do still happen. I was blessed with two beautiful, healthy, happy kids.

I love it!
ReplyDelete